Squash is a fun and challenging sport that requires skill, strategy, and endurance. Whether you’re a seasoned player or just starting out, there are always ways to improve your game. We’ll explore some tips for improving your squash game, and also take a look at some of the best squash courts in Chicago.
Practice Your Footwork
One of the most important aspects of squash is footwork. You need to be able to move quickly and efficiently around the court in order to reach the ball and maintain control of the game. Practice your footwork by doing drills that focus on movement, such as hitting the ball against a wall and moving from side to side.
Improve Your Racquet Skills
In squash, your racket skills are crucial. Practice hitting the ball with both power and precision. Work on your backhand and forehand shots, and try to develop a variety of shots that you can use during a game.
Build your Endurance
Squash is a fast-paced sport that requires a lot of endurance. Make sure you’re getting enough exercise outside of your squash games. Consider doing cardio workouts such as running, biking, or swimming to build your endurance. You can even join a small group training session to help you train for squash!
Watch Professional Games
Watching professional squash games can help you improve your own game. Observe how the players move around the court, and pay attention to their techniques and strategies.
Squash Courts in Chicago
Now that you know some tips for improving your squash game, let’s take a look at some of the best squash courts in Chicago.
- Lakeshore Sport & Fitness in Lincoln Park – Located in Lincoln Park, this family-friendly facility has seven international squash courts, dining options, as well as a variety of other fitness and sports amenities.
- Lakeshore Sport & Fitness at Illinois Center – Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, inside the Aon Center, this upscale fitness club has seven floors of recreational and fitness amenities, including five international squash courts.
- East Bank Club – This fitness club in River North has six international squash courts, as well as a variety of other fitness amenities.
- University Club of Chicago – Located in the Loop, this private club has four international squash courts, as well as a fitness center, dining options, and other amenities.
- Chicago Athletic Clubs – This chain of fitness clubs has locations throughout Chicago, and many of them have squash courts.
- Midtown Athletic Club – Located in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area, this fitness club has five international squash courts, as well as a variety of other fitness amenities.
Whether you’re looking to improve your game or just want to find a great place to play, there are plenty of options for squash in Chicago. By following these tips and practicing regularly, you can take your squash game to the next level.
Learn more about our squash programs, squash lessons, and court rates at the buttons below!Squash, squash courts in Chicago, Squash in Chicago, squash lessons chicago